Come and eat atMOOR OF RANNOCH
Non-Residents are welcome each evening from 6.30pm
(Bookings are essential due to our remote location and limited capacity)
Tables are reserved automatically for all of our guests when rooms are booked.
Like everything else at the Moor of Rannoch, dinner is not a rushed affair. Since we only set each table once our guests can relax and dine at their own pace. The evening normally begins with drinks in one of our lounges with a range of Scottish gins & beers or a glass of wine from our carefully selected list.
The menu changes every single day with a real focus on seasonal Scottish produce which is sourced from a number of local suppliers. Browse the menu and order from the comfort of the lounge before moving to the restaurant with views across Rannoch Moor. During dinner keep an eye out for some of the local wildlife wandering past. Red Deer, Pheasants, Hen Harriers and even Golden Eagles can often be seen.
Once dinner is over, retire to the lounge for the option of coffee & petit fours with a selection of over one hundred of Scotland’s finest malt whisky’s. There is also a complimentary Scottish cheese board for all of our guests to enjoy at 9pm. Depart on Rannoch’s “Dial a Bus” service or for those lucky guests it is just a short climb up the stairs to one of our rooms.
Our Menu Changes Every Day
2018 Season – 3 courses – £35 / 2 courses – £28
- Carrot & Onion Soup
- Walnut & Parsley Pistou, Warm Crusty Bread
- Botanist Gin & Treacle Cured Salmon
- Smoked Katy Rodger’s Creme Fraiche, Pickled Cucumber, Lemon & Pink Pepercorns
- Crispy Fried Duck Egg
- Great Glen Venison Salami, Celeriac Remoulade, Truffle Oil
- Slow Cooked Beef Brisket
- Parsnip Puree, Roated Neeps, Thyme Roasted Carrots, Horseraddish Gremolata
- Black Pudding Stuffed Glenorchy Pork Fillet
- Black Pudding, Burnt Apple Puree, Butternut Squash, Savoy Cabbage, Pear Relish
- Pan Fried Gigha Halibut
- Hazelnut Romenesco, Roasted Peppers, Vine Tomatoes, Courgette & Basil Salad
- Cumin Spiced Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Puree, Sautee Heritage Potatoes, Baby Leeks, Caper Rasin & Pine Nut Dressing
- Muscovado Panacotta
- Spiced Plums, Honeycomb, Ginger Syrup
- Bitter Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Salted Caramel Sauce, Creme Fraiche, Scottish Raspberries
- Choice of Homemade Ice Cream, Liqueur, Glen Lyon Espresso, Cranberry & Pistachio Biscotti
Booking InformationReservations for non-residents are essential.
Guests with rooms booked will have a table reserved automatically each night of their stay.
We are able to tailor our menus to meet most dietary requirements provided prior notice is given. Please inform us at the time of booking of any requirements that you may have.
We welcome children of all ages in our restaurant. Please note that we do not offer a separate children’s menu. Please take a moment to review our children’s policy. High chairs are available on request.
The Moor of Rannoch is a very dog friendly environment and your dog is welcome to join you in the restaurant.
To Book :
01882 633 238 email@example.com
Leave the car at home!
Rannoch Dial-a-Bus Service
If you are staying elsewhere in the Rannoch area then leave the car at home and book the fantastic Dial-a-Bus service. The service is operated by two local taxi operators and is available from Kinloch Rannoch all the way to Rannoch Station. The fares are roughly £3.00 per person for each journey and Scottish National Entitlement Card Holders travel free.
The service works like a taxi and will collect you at your accommodation at the requested time and transport you to the Moor of Rannoch. The service operates Monday to Saturday, 7.00am to 10.00pm
Dogs & bikes can be transported if required, please arrange this at the time of booking.
To book your journey contact one of the following operators:
Reservations are essential due to our remote location & limited capacity
01882 633 238