Come and eat atMOOR OF RANNOCH
Dinner served – Thursday to Monday from 6.30pm – £49 per person
Closed – Tuesdays & Wednesdays
The Moor of Rannoch ONLY serves dinner and is not open during the day.
Non-Residents are welcome each evening from 6.30pm
(Bookings are essential due to our remote location and limited capacity)
Tables are reserved automatically for all of our guests when rooms are booked.
Like everything else at the Moor of Rannoch, dinner is not a rushed affair. Since we only set each table once our guests can relax and dine at their own pace. The evening begins with drinks in one of our lounges with a range of Scottish gins & beers or a glass of wine from our carefully selected list.
The menu changes every single day with a real focus on seasonal Scottish produce which is sourced from a number of local suppliers. Browse the menu and order from the comfort of the lounge before moving to the restaurant with views across Rannoch Moor. During dinner keep an eye out for some of the local wildlife wandering past. Red Deer, Pheasants, Hen Harriers and even Golden Eagles can often be seen.
Once dinner is over, retire to the lounge for tea or coffee with a selection of over one hundred of Scotland’s finest malt whisky’s. There is also a complimentary Scottish cheese board for all of our guests to enjoy at 9pm. Depart on Rannoch’s “Dial a Bus” service or for those lucky guests it is just a short climb up the stairs to one of our rooms.
2020 SAMPLE MENU
Our Menu Changes Every Day
Fixed Price Menu – £49 per person
- Chef’s Choice
- A small sample showcasing a Scottish seasonal producer
- Sharing Nibbles
- Selection of items for the table to share and sample
- Freshly baked bread from the kitchen
- Whipped Katy Rodger’s Crowdie
- Honey Roast Figs, Green Beans, Smoked Almonds, Aged Balsamic
- Juniper & Pink Peppercorn Rannoch Venison Carpaccio
- Pickled Radish, Crispy Shallots, Garden Leaves
- Seared Hand-Dived Scallop
- Romanesco, Crispy Kale, Scollop Roe Veloute
Choice MAIN COURSE
- Slow Cooked Ox Cheek
- Parsnip Puree, Roast Neeps, Parsnip, Bonemarrow Crumb
- Seared St Brides Duck Breast
- Duck Croquette, Pumpkin Puree, Beetroot, Cavelo Nero, Sherry Viniagrette
- Smoked Haddock Rarebit
- Corra Linn, Creamed Leeks, Red Emmalie Potatoes, Parsley Viniagrette
- Celeriac Fondant
- Celeriac Puree, Puy Lentils, Baby Leek, Date Puree, Crispy Sage
Palate Cleanser followed by
- Muscovado Panacotta
- Baked Rhubarb, Honeycomb, Rhubarb Sorbet
- Sticky Gingerbread Pudding
- Whisky Apples, Vanilla Custard, Ginger Syrup
- Choice of Homemade Ice Cream, Scottish Liqueur, Glen Lyon Espresso, Cranberry & Pistachio Biscotti
- Scottish Cheese Board
- A selection from some of Scotland’s array of artisan cheese makers, oatcakes and chutneys will all feature on our communal cheese board which all guests will be welcome to sample while enjoying a glass of port, liqueur or one of our malts.
- Served in the lounge after dinner each evening, from 9pm.
Booking InformationReservations for non-residents are essential.
Guests with rooms booked will have a table reserved automatically each night of their stay.
We are able to tailor our menus to meet most dietary requirements provided prior notice is given. Please inform us at the time of booking of any requirements that you may have.
We welcome children of all ages in our restaurant. Please note that we do not offer a separate children’s menu. Please take a moment to review our children’s policy. High chairs are available on request.
The Moor of Rannoch is a very dog friendly environment and your dog is welcome to join you in the restaurant.
To Book :
01882 633 238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave the car at home!
Rannoch Dial-a-Bus Service
If you are staying elsewhere in the Rannoch area then leave the car at home and book the fantastic Dial-a-Bus service. The service is operated by two local taxi operators and is available from Kinloch Rannoch all the way to Rannoch Station. The fares are roughly £3.00 per person for each journey and Scottish National Entitlement Card Holders travel free.
The service works like a taxi and will collect you at your accommodation at the requested time and transport you to the Moor of Rannoch. The service operates Monday to Saturday, 7.00am to 10.00pm
Dogs & bikes can be transported if required, please arrange this at the time of booking.
To book your journey contact one of the following operators:
Opening 6th February to 24th November 2020
Open – Thursday to Monday
Closed – Tuesday & Wednesday
Closed for Mid-Season break – 16th May to 20th May 2020
Closed for Mid-Season break – 8th September to 16th September 2020
Dinner: 6.30pm – 8pm
Reservations are essential due to our remote location & limited capacity
01882 633 238